Monday, April 14

I probably don't deserve a Mommy Award...

but am I alone in the thought that I'm not ALL sad when my kids are sickly. WAIT!! Don't judge me yet... I have a little 6 year old son that is slowly but surely not needing me as much. More and more I have to request lovins when I used to get tons quite spontaneously. So today, said 6 year old, aka Ty is home sick from school. Nothing serious just some lingering cooties. I have been snuggled, told 'I love you', and hugged all day long and I fear when I put him down to bed for the night, that he is ALL well. Sigh, whimper, pout. Hopefully I will be needed again, but I sure don't wish him sick, I just hope he is once again taken over by his tender side REAL SOON. I love this guy!

4 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

Bless his heart! I hope he feels better, soon!!! And no, you are not bad at all!!

Cari said...

I know exactly what you mean. Noah got shots yesterday, and, I have to admit, I'm not hating the snuggle time involved in the yuckiness after shots.

Debbie said...

awww.. I hope he's feeling better, but I don't blame ya for feeling that way!

Carly A said...

That is sweet! I remember when I was sick, all I wanted to have was my mom. She would rock me and call me her "little hot tamale" and it was the best feeling you could have when you were sick. Moms are great.