Tuesday, April 29

Dappled Willows

WOW! Got tons of emails and comments asking about the Dappled Willow in prior post. Gals, it is worth all the curiousity! I've seen them at Lowe's, in fact I think that is where my sister originally got hers. Sometimes you may find it as a bush but it is spectacular tree'd, which is what my sister got. I know its botanical name is Salix (something or other, I'm thinking it may have something after that but I have gone blank). TidBits to tempt you further... it loves full-part sun... grows 10-15'H and 15'W... and the color is amazing, new foliage is pink which matures to a creamy white and speckled green... stems turn red in winter. Whew! Thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet, I must go repent, or finally go get my OWN!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

I'm going to have to go check those out, I'm not sure that I know what they are~

Brandie Lyon said...

Do they grow well in Colorado?