I hope your day was incredible... the weather here was amazing and our family spent the entire day at the lake. It was our first day this year out on the boat and I literally am exhausted from laughing and from too much sun :) CLASSIC!! We took our border collie, Cooper, along with us... not sure he was as big of a fan of the water as we are, but we hope he can be converted.
I wanted to add another Market Monday list, even though I am barely doing it on actual Monday. You can go to my Market site... here. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Saturday, May 28
The fellas in our family had a Father & Sons campout last night. So, us gals decided to have a girls night out. Off we went to Savannah's favorite store...
(ummm, ewwww... note to self, wash my windshield, or better yet, get one of my young sons to do it for me!)
Fun night. I love having time just with Savannah and truth is, she has been giddy all week to hang with me too. Love that! We talked non-stop... farm, school, church, hair, trucks, college, boys, friends, big summer events, books... so thankful for my girl!
Farmgirl in training... Dawn, at 10:24 AM
Thursday, May 26
A few notes I don't want to forget about this photo session:
* taken just weeks after terrible tornadoes ripped through Alabama. The fact that several of our families' homes were hit but that we were all alive and well to gather for these photos,
* rain filled weekend and original location was a 'wash' and yet Alisha regrouped and still made this photo session happen... so thankful!,
* it literally did rain during the pictures but there were still giggles, silliness, and smiles!,
* the patience of a photographer to 'herd' this many people as a whole, and individuals, for 3 hours and still be smiling at the end,
* the sound of 18 cousins playing and just so excited to all be in one place,
* watching older cousins play 'keep away' from the younger cousins... but there was no ball... so they used a pair of flipflops,
* the astonishment that there is a lens capable of capturing 35 people at once, snicker.
Farmgirl in training... Dawn, at 8:54 AM
Monday, May 23
Saturday, May 21
This boy loves baseball. Like really, REALLY, loves baseball. He is a Blue Jay this year. Just like moving up from middle school to high school... Ty is now in kid pitch. He has gone from being an AllStar last year to adjusting to the whole new game play of minor league. He loves it!
So far this year he has pitched in his first game, he has done well and pitched several times since. He had his first ever double play, in the opening game nonetheless. I guess he liked the way it felt because he has gotten a couple double plays since then. And he has earned 2 game balls... his head coach does not freely give game balls, so that is quite an honor.
Farmgirl in training... Dawn, at 1:35 PM
Thursday, May 19
Today... the kids did yet another Culinary Arts 'experiment'. This one was loaded with nutritional value, not. These num nums were called Krispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls. They were naughty indeed.
haircut pruning, and I love the leaves so much the branches came inside!
plumber's gardener's crack jokes... to no avail. Big ole grumps!
Farmgirl in training... Dawn, at 8:13 PM