Thursday, November 24

{23} Thankful...

I am thankful for my 'fellas' and their willingness to work on my studio.  The studio will be solely for me.  It serves no purpose for anyone else in the house.  It has taken many years for me to get the gumption to even suggest that I have a space all to myself... to create.  And then when I didn't face any opposition on my very selfish exile space, I ran with said gumption and sketched a few ideas and asked them to create it for me... pushing my luck, grin.  But they HAVE worked away on it.  Little by little, any spare moment.  It is going slow, but when it is done it will be just what I envisioned!  I love them so much and this means so much to me.
 I wanted a 'planked' wall look but didn't want to spend the money on actual boards, so then we got this thin material that requires an extra step to be cut into strips.  Big ole pain.  But CHEAP!
 And here is how it looks so far..
 All the walls and ceiling will be painted out white.  The floors will get the same treatment but with a wider strip... not sure what color I will then paint it.  We will then build built in storage on one short wall and also a forever long work surface, and, and, and..... it will be amazing!
 And this right here may just be the reason the fellas are so willing to get this space completed.  I have piles upon piles of 'stuff' in every nook and cranny of the house.  I try to keep it neat.  But the fact is that piled stuff just looks messy.  Soon it will be all behind closed doors.  That will be an exciting day.
Thankful.  My fellas.

No comments: