Friday, November 18

{18} Thankful...

I am thankful for promises kept.  Finally.  Clear back at the beginning of the summer, Ty and I had a plan to turn all of his baseball jerseys/uniform tops into pillows.  Honestly, I'm not trying to blame the kid in this duo... but I thought this was a project that we would do together.  But whenever I suggested that we work on it, he was less than enthusiastic.  I thought I was forcing this whole idea on him.  But last week he mentioned the incomplete pillows again.  He finally helped me understand that he had hoped that I would do them for him... frankly, he had no desire to sew.  Ohhhhhhhh.  So, today after we finished school, I pulled out the tshirts once again and gathered any miscellaneous pillow inserts I had because I needed this to be a free project, and got to sewing.  I have never sewed tshirt knits and whatever the slick fabric is for his allstar tops.  The pillows aren't perfect, far from it in fact.  But they are all done and my youngest guy is ecstatic.  He plopped them up on his window seat.  I need to make a long cushion for the seat too because he loves to sit up there and the views are amazing.  Now if I can only stay on top of converting his tshirts into pillows as the upcoming seasons come and go then I will be a hero.  I sure love my baseball fanatic of a son and I am glad he loves his lumpy/less than perfect pillows.

4 comments:

Lisha said...

LOVE!

Beth said...

That is SUCH a cool idea it makes me want a boy! (However I think Jarom will just have to live in the land of pink forever!)

aydenavaalismom said...

yeah! i have been waiting for this post, as long as ty has been waiting for the pillows =) turned out great!

aydenavaalismom said...

yeah! i have been waiting for this post, as long as ty has been waiting for the pillows =) turned out great!