Friday, January 2

Farmgirls = exciting New Year

I received news through the family grapevine, that my niece Meg (her families' farmgirl) partied til the cows came home on New Year's Eve. Or it may be more accurate to say, she partied until her mom had to pick her up from the emergency room. Yikes! Seems Meg, while doing the classic countdown to midnight, fell into a glass door and needed some doozy stitches. Did I mention that Meg was in TN and her mom was here in Madville? What a heartracing phonecall to receive shortly after midnight. Meg is all stitched up and will be fine, thankfully!

Meanwhile back at our farm... Savannah went to the barn earlier today to check on baby goat and other animals.
I started to get a tad worried because I never saw her return and nor had anyone else.
Shawn and I called and called her.
Christian rode the dirtbike up to the barn, no sign of her!
Rode over to Grani and Papa's, no sign of her!
Went to neighbors, they weren't home, no sign of her!


Since Shawn was home, I felt completely OK allowing myself to get real upset at this point!
Christian went back to the barn and started to go slowing throughout the barn, stall by stall.
He went out to the outside pen and screamed for Savannah once again.
Finally, she groaned, and sat up!
She had climbed up on top of our huge round bale of hay... and fell asleep!
YEP! Out cold, literally... out in the freezing cold, on top of hay!
She was immediately informed I was worried sick.
She came back to the house, and she was quite the sight.
She had obviously been asleep for quite some time by the looks of the hay impressions on the side of her face, hay in her hair, and hay in her clothes.
After many very fast offered apologies, we all were able to laugh about it.

Hope everyone's New Year's Day was a tad less eventful than ours.

PS - might I just add that our boys were quite tame last night and today. Go figure! They camped out, stayed up all night, and ate a whole box of Peanut Butter Capt. Krunch for breakfast in the COLD. I'm glad they found that exciting enough and stayed 'low key' for the rest of today.
Probably because they were sleep deprived zombies, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a couple of stories to ring in the new year!! I am glad everyone is OK.

Anonymous said...

What an eventful New year's! Must be some soft hay if she fell asleep on it!

danakat said...

Poor Megan! I'm glad she's okay. And poor Kim...what an ordeal.

I can only imagine your growing panic as you looked and yelled for Savannah. Glad all turned out well.

Happy New Year!

Debbie said...

Could Savannah be any happier? :-) I mean, to love your environment so much that you can just fall asleep outside in the cold on a bale of hay.... that's one lucky girl!