Thursday, January 22

Its always darkest before the dawn....

I cracked myself up with that title.
But it fits my situation, but in a goooooood way!!!
I am currently busting open boxes and rubbermaids that have been stored away for several years.
I packed all this stuff up safe and sound when we moved from Madtown out to the country.
I thought I would be briefly separated from my items, but building a house took a LOT longer than anticipated.
So my precious 'two men and a truck' fancy packing... and many, many rubbermaids have been my little time capsules.

My sweet sons hauled all this stuff out for me to organize. Have I mentioned how much I love to organize?! I don't think I am quite OCD, may be borderline though, but nonetheless I can't stand the thought of stuff not in its proper place.

So this embarrassing mess is all the 'goods'. The really funny thing, and I do find this funny... I don't need most of this anymore. I was once a SU! demonstrator, loved it, it was how we survived Dental School financially, but I find I don't stamp as much anymore. DRAT!
I've scrapped my kids baby photos but now I put their pictures in simpler albums.

I think all this stuff is reproducing!!! I worked all day on this and it never seemed to get better.

I'm a sly gal though... notice I decided to 'organize' smack dab in the middle of my kitchen. Oh, dear Scarlet, what ever shall I do??! No where to cook dinner, hubby got the urgent call to bring some dinner home.
All in my master plan, giggle.

By bedtime, I didn't feel like a complete failure... cause I had several white moving boxes on the burnpile, and lots of empty rubbermaids. Victory!!!

Plans for tomorrow involve toting all the many goods I no longer need out to the garage to mingle with several furniture pieces I will be parting with too on the 30th.
Yay for unpacking a WHOLE year after moving in!
Nothin' slow about me, grrrr.

5 comments:

danakat said...

Good job! I need you to come be my support when I hit the bonus room next month. It is just scary up there and it weighs on my mind EVERY single day. Ugh.

And nice teasers of all your stuff your selling. I tried to get a closer look. :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Always an overly intimidating job it is to unpack...probably more so if it has been a year! I so wished I could come on the 30th. Good job and good luck!

kg said...

I love your kitchen, from what I could see through the boxes... :)

Debbie said...

Yes, unpacking is very intimidating. I remember when Jared and I first got married our apartment was a disaster forever. My problem is that I like to be organized- I get frustrated when I can't find stuff- but at the same time, when I try to clean and organize a big mess, I get completely overwhelmed and can't do it. So, I somehow live in my organized chaos ;-)

aunt mimi said...

My name is Misty and I AM OCD.

They say the first step is admitting it, right?

I must say, I am happy in my OCD. It's not the over the top kind, just the "I can't stand when things aren't organized" kind.

I do love when you purge and organize though, I always end up with a new treasure.