Sunday, January 25

the root word for SOMBRERO is...

Sombre, which means 'shade' or 'cast a shadow'.
And I would say this hat fits that description perfectly, snort!!
That sombrero could cast a shadow on the whole city of H'ville.
****
Thursday was Savannah's birthday. Saturday she invited some of her best friends to spend the whole day with her on the farm and out for a birthday dinner.
We assured her we wouldn't do ANYTHING to embarrass her. What?! Having a bunch of waiters clapping, singing, hooting and hollering, putting frosting on your nose, and topping it off with a sombrero the size of Texas IS embarrassing?? Ooooops. Well, Savannah should have been more specific!
PS - do you notice that Shawn and I are NOT sitting with the birthday girl!?! We were told we could sit close, not toooo close, meaning NOT at the same table... cause she wanted to just hang with the gals. Maybe, just maybe, that is why this all grown up 14 yr old gal's mother forgot the whole.... "don't embarrass me MOM!" speech I had recieved earlier... cruel chuckle!

It could have gone either way, lucky for me, she laughed hysterically. A little frosting up the nostril didn't make her turn on me. Whew!!!
I knew I was forgiven when she willing wore the hat the rest of the evening, she is such a good sport.

Here is a snap shot of the party girls earlier in the day. What is it about teenage girls and a camera? In this photo, Savannah is telling her friends if they just ignore me I may just go away.
Happy Birthday sweet girl, now you can go enjoy some Youth Dances, yeeehaaawww!!

5 comments:

aunt mimi said...

Did she get to keep the hat? Maybe she can put it in the yard and the animals can live in it. he...he... That thing was BIG.

I can't believe she is 14. Remind her that I am in YW now and may need to chaperone some of these dances. Don't worry Savannah, I won't embarrass you any more then your Mom did. (Be afraid, be very afraid.) grin!!

danakat said...

Just love this post! HA!

Karen said...

This made me smile! What a lovely young lady you have. Glad she laugh and smile as well.

Quincy Sorensen said...

So funny! And a fun birthday! Can't believe Savannah is 14! Beautiful, special girl!

Lisha said...

We did that to Emma at Casa Blanca, and she was not so thrilled, but played along. You'd think she would learn that birthday songs bring good things... hahaha. Happy Birthday Savannah!