Wednesday, January 7

New Year 101

I broke the #1 rule for New Year Organization. I did not have a 2009 Calendar until TODAY.
And might I add that this has been an absolutely chaotic week... and its only Wednesday!
I kept collecting appt cards for this year thinking I would get them all recorded and organized JUST as soon as I got a calendar.
I was a few days late and I've been playing catch up.
Whew!! I am a Calendar and To Do list gal.
My consequence for my delayed calendar purchase, was I missed a fun luncheon I had today,
Whimper!!
I was double booked and didn't even know it until minutes before.
So I have learned my lesson, I now have an accurate to do list for tomorrow and I am a happy gal!

Meanwhile, out here in the ocean, er, I mean country... we've been a tad wet!

We have had little rivers running through our side yard. This is the runoff water we hope to someday direct into a pond.

But until then, there is consolation in knowing that all this water at least brought hours of fun to the kids. They made rafts out of rubbermaids and little swimming pools and coasted down the property. Ahhhh, to be a kid and play in the rain. Good times!

3 comments:

danakat said...

Holy lake in your yard!
Did you get pictures of the kids playing in it? Too funny!

We did miss you today!! I kept hoping to see you walk in the door, but no such luck. :(

Well, keep your stinkin' calendar up to date and we'll see you next time. :)

Lisha said...

How much fun! I want to see pictures, too!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Totally missed seeing you while in Alabama...life got going too much! Hopefully we will see you next time.