Tuesday, December 30

Who knew?!? I was a VERY good girl...


Lucky for me, word got back to Santa, that I was a good girl in 2008.
I got everything I wanted!
Starting with the large WillowTree Nativity.
It looks incredible on my mantel, therefore I am forced to leave my decorations up even longer to enjoy it, tee-hee, don't confuse this with ANY form of procrastination at all!

And I was in need of a casual watch, you know... a good jeans and tshirt kinda watch.


The ever present item on ANY of my wishlists is chocolate! These are some of my faves, including the best raspberry truffles ever... you don't believe me?? Go see for yourself, and while your there pick yourself up some turtles and english toffee... www.kristischocolatecafe.com
(just a shameless little plug for my sil's sister, giggle)


Oh how I love a good mug of hot cocoa, and now I can do it RIGHT... we gave this a try on Christmas morning and we were all humming a happy tune.

Over six months ago, I was ranting that I hate when a pillar candle burns weird and doesn't use up all the wax and is wasted. My incredible oldest son took note and bought this candle maker/wax recycler thingamajig. Christian bought this 6 months ago and hid it, waiting to give it to me for Christmas. I'm sure all the mommies out there know EXACTLY how my heart melted as Shawn told me all the background info to this gift. So now I can remelt old candles, make new candles, and my son will be thrilled at his little bit of genius.

I will now pause for a moment of silence, so I can contain MY OWN oooohs and aaaaahs for this gift! Ty started this little diddy as a school project on Early Settlers. This was a novelty for about the first DAY... then he wanted to quit. I was really bummed because I loved how detailed he did this. Then one day, Savannah mentioned to Ty that he could go ahead and finish this little cabin as a gift for me for Christmas. I held my breath and hoped he would. And he did!! Please note the little details like a little rock as the door knob, and all the different sizes and directions of the sticks. I love, love my little cabin.



I decorate a little differently each year and here are a few of my NEW favorites. I got this handblown glass ball and I just love it. Its name is 'the coconut'. That makes me laugh. And then I also got these little crystals... totally in their natural state with dirt and broken edges.

I always have these linen corkboards in my family room for Ty's artwork, etc. But for the holidays, this is where I put all my Christmas Cards. I love to get these! And if there is a photo included then I really hug myself. And goodness if there is a gift card tucked inside, I about faint!
And so this brings me to my own personal request of a need for an INTERVENTION.
My OWN intervention.
We have come to the point of weaning our baby goat.
I'm not ready to have Madi out in the cold, cruel, Barn.
Savannah is tougher than me on this topic, I need to just butt out and let her do what needs to be done. But I must ask... what if Madi cries in the middle of the night and noone hears her... this is what I think about at night. I must seek help, the first step is recognizing the problem, RIGHT?!

6 comments:

Stefanie H said...

OH yummy, that williams sonoma hot chocolate is like my all time FAV! :) I just love your little pin-board wall thing.. Come make one of those at my house, pretty please? :) ANd i know what u mean about the baby animal haha.... I feel cruel if my puppies sleep anywhere but MY BED. haha. I'll never learn to be strict. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Nativity! Being a good girl pays off...if Santa gets the hints! :)

It's always harder on the momma than the "kid"...to be booted to their independence! ;)Good luck!

danakat said...

I love Love LOVE it all! Of course my favorite HAS to be the candle recycler/maker and the log cabin. How many times do you still tear up when you think of their sweet little faces so excited to give you their gifts. oh crap...I'm welling up for you...

Very impressed you made it through my epistle...er, I mean post. I just HAD to get all that finished up or I would have LOST my mind.
B would LOVE (I would type the letters bigger if I could) to hang out with another animal lover! And to be able to see/touch/cuddle/whatever your ark animals over there...she would be in HEAVEN! Let's definitely get those two ladies together.

Does this coincide with your resolution to open your home without restraint? 'Cause I am DYING to see it, by the way. :)
I let all you people into my house and it's not even completely painted yet AND we have exposed wood in some places, and we've been here for 4 1/2 years. Ugh.

danakat said...

Was that just the longest comment ever?
...so...very...tired...

shari said...

You are a very good girl with a very good family and very good taste. I love those crystal ornaments. Poor Madi.

Debbie said...

I LOVE the WT nativity!! and is that some kind of hot chocolate machine?? I LOVE hot chocolate! Jared bought me a machine like that (only yours is much nicer I'm sure) a couple of years ago. I also love your little cork board. I keep saying that ONE day when we're able to build our own house that we will have to pay your to be our interior decorator... and I'm not joking, so be prepared!! ;-)

Christian is sooo thoughtful, and Ty is quite the little architect!