Tuesday, May 5

Mr. Roo


I desperately wanted a cockadoodledooer. Word around these parts though, is that they can be aggressive, rough with the ladies, and an all-around headache. Shoot!

But then I remembered that I read something about a miniature rooster. It took me a good google session to find it again... a Serema Rooster. It maxes out at under a pound. So the hens will be much larger helping with mating issues. Serema Roosters are still wonderful cockadoodlers, which I love, and they still help protect the others and prance around and look pretty!!

So I've got a little bit of a theme going on her... miniature goats, miniature donkeys, and now a miniature rooster. Hello there, Eeyore!!


*********

Truck stuck in the muck update:

Still stuck!

Husband not happy with Wife. Wife still got a kiss from Husband when he returned home from work though. Husband man of few words, just wondering what possessed his Wife to drive in the muck in the truck. Wife had to take Husband to work this morning and will be going back to get him from work...until further notice. Which means until the rains stop coming down and the floods stop coming up and the foolish wife learns her lesson.

Nuff said.

But Wife is still happy because she has a pretty roo!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Loving the rooster. I'm glad it's you though. Roosters get up real early. And good luck with truck. You could easyily right a book about all your farm adventures.

Theresa Cyr said...

I've never heard of the miniature roosters. Not sure if I would ever want a rooster, though. I like sleeping in, and so do my neighbors. ;o) I hope you get your truck out soon!

Debbie said...

hahaha.. that's all I have to say- about all of it!