Monday, May 4

Just Another Muddy Monday...

I'm in trouble. The really, really BIG kind of trouble.

I was reckless... I fooled myself into thinking I was being productive.

I was hasty... fooled myself into thinking I was being proactive.

I was less than smart... fooled myself into thinking... oooooohhhh... I wasn't thinking... that's why I am in this predicament!!

How I reasoned that driving to the back of the property to measure fencing... today... after many days of heavy rain... was a good idea is now causing me to really question myself. Because, said truck is now miserably, hopelessly, terribly stuck! Really stuck!

Like sooooo stuck, I am forced to decide between two impossible choices: Does one in my position call dear sweet hubby at work to WARN him of what he has waiting for him at home? OR does one in my position let him enjoy his day, enjoy his relaxing drive home... only to be blindsided by my truck hopelessly SUNK in the side lawn? Oh Rhett Butler, what ever shall I do?

PS - the kids think this is mighty funny. why the sudden enjoyment of their mom saying 'oh no, oh no, oh no' over and over again. And I got no sympathy, none, when I finally emerged from sunk truck and plopped right into an ant hill. Their laughter from what must have been quite the spectacle is still ringing in my head. Naughty children. They better make this show of obvious enjoyment of mom's hectic Monday convert into MAJOR Mother's Day giftage, come Sunday!!!

8 comments:

danakat said...

Hahahaha!
Sorry to laugh, but you just have to. :)
I'm sure you'll have a tremendous Mother's Day.

Lisha said...

Oh, I know the feelings... smashing Nate's sideview mirror, falling through the ceiling, and having the accident with Kenadie all in less than a two-week span... I say run and hide! :)

Mike and Carrie said...

I'm so sorry you're stuck. Is your husband's car big enough to pull yours out? Before you get it out would you post a picture?

mom2eight said...

From past experience, I suggest telling him before he gets home, let him react and work off any comments and then to have worked through it and have calmed down by the time he gets home. Also it helps to have his favorite supper and lots of praise for his patience and understanding.
Works for me. Good luck either way.

Beth said...

Yikes!!! I'm sorry! I hate those days when I have to tell Jarom something BAD I did... Sometimes I'm surprised though and he laughs and laughs. Maybe he'll laugh?? Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

Karen said...

That is really rather funny I must say. Good luck. Getting out of mud is rather tricky and dirty!

Theresa Cyr said...

I've been there before, too. About 15 years ago I had driven in my Mercury Tracer on a dirt road one spring that had not been graded yet. I got part way down the road before I got hopelessly stuck. I needed two 4-wheel-drive pickups with winches to pull out my car. Not to scare you, but I ended up being so stuck in the mud that I damaged the underneath of my car! Since then I don't go on a dirt road unless I know it's passable.

Quincy Sorensen said...

A picture, please! :)