Tuesday, May 12

A.R.T

I love art in all forms. I look forward to finishing the entertainment room (someday, whimper) and I want art ledges wrapped around the entire room so I can have ever changing collections of art.

I sat on the front porch with a few of the neighbor kiddos one day. We had just had our family portraits taken by Kim Greenfield, and Ty was telling the kids that she got pictures of him climbing his tree... a favorite past time of his. I mentioned that I couldn't wait to have every wall in my home plastered with these photographs and other art that I have collected and made, etc. One of the kids, E, said she likes to draw too. I told her I would LOVE to see her 'art'. She giggled!

I not only got to see E's art, she gave me a couple pieces... I love them!!! I have them currently located on my linen boards in the family room. I love them, ummm, did I already say that?!

And this one... truly shows an artistic eye. See how the baby turtle is slightly offset with the large turtle crawling off the page, brilliant. I hope to receive many more of her masterpieces!

And speaking of our family photo session with Kim G... Here is one of my daughter's favorite photos taken that day. This is her little blonde donkey, Jenne, that is in very ill health. Savannah is determined to love her back to life and so far, has been successful. I thought for sure Jenne would not make it through the rough winter, but she did...thankfully!

I want to get several, OK... MANY, of Kim's pieces done in Gallery Wraps! I love the texture of the printed canvas and I think it looks like a natural fit on an Art ledge. Problem, Gallery Wraps can be pricey, whew! I used an online site, www. scrappingsimply.com, and I am thrilled with the product. The corners are nicely wrapped, and the back is neatly finished with matt board and hanger (although I usually lean canvases), and the detail of the original photo is intact! And the quality rivals that of one my sil got for twice the price. Hooked. Now if I can just get some ledges up so I can plaster my home with art!

5 comments:

kg said...

It is so fun to see that picture on canvas!! Love it!! And love the art work!

MrsMama said...

That's a wonderful canvas of your daughter! Thanks for the link to the site - I'm off to drool, er, check it out now. :P

P.S. Be watching your mailbox...I sent out your prize today. :)

shari said...

The Froggy makes me happy. Savanna is beautiful.

Lisha said...

That canvas is wonderful! I can't wait to get some canvas's done!

Carly A said...

I thought Savannah was a model in a magazine! I can't believe how old she looks!