Monday, May 11

'Being Home' Winner

Since I've only ever been inside my own head, it was nice to read the comments and find out that indeed, we are all so very similar. I've never been a deep person per say... but I got this pondering thing down to a science, grin.

And the winner of her own copy of BEING HOME is.... Karen B.!!! I'll send it out to you asap :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was able to be home with many of those I adore. My daughter is in Florida and I am being quite silly and missing her terribly. Her first trip this far away and for this long and I sure do love my girl, looking forward to her return.

I was spoiled rotten from my 3 fellas and we ate some of my favorite things... brie and fruit for breakfast... BLTs and salad for lupper (our Sunday lunch/supper meal). Had a fun time visiting with family and relaxing.

I love this quote from Joseph F. Smith: "I learned in my childhood that no love in all the world can equal the love of a true mother. I did not think in those days, and still I am at a loss to know, how it would be possible for anyone to love her children more truly than did my mother. Her love was life to me; it was strength; it was encouragement; it was love that begat love in myself. I knew she loved me with all her heart. I was counseled in my youth to spend my life seeking to fulfill the prayer that would always be in the heart of my mother. That is perhaps the most precious gift a mother could receive from her child. As her son, I am indeed honored to "arise up and call her blessed."

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah! I never thought I would win. So I have a thought....instead of you sending it can I come by? I have a little pay it forward that I need to get to you. So I'm seeing a switch? Does that work? And btw I am so excited! I feel like I can finally read again and am looking forward to that. Thanks.