Saturday, December 13

Inquiring Minds like to know...

I loved reading others' 25 Christmas Questions/Answers. So here mine go...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I always prefer paper and ribbons galore. But I do use gift bags occasionally and they can be gorgeous too, especially because I use tons and tons of tissue paper in them so I still get the wonderful 'ripping through the paper' experience I love with wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial?
This year is our first year with BOTH. I love the smell and look of real, but I can't put some of my favorite ornaments on a real tree because they are way too heavy. So we use an artificial tree for our actual family tree with all our wonderful 'eclectic' ornaments with memories attached to them galore!!
3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as I can get Shawn to help me!! Usually ends up being the weekend after Thanksgiving or at the latest the FHE after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Not til well after the New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I always loved my 'loot', but I do remember receiving hot rollers one year and was so excited to be able to do my hair by myself. I got them just in time for the 80's BIG HAIR... ahhhh good times!!
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have the first WillowTree set, just the basic figurines. I can't see myself ever growing tired of it.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Shawn, he never gives me a wish list. In the past I have bought him some real 'flops' as gifts. Soooo, we are rebels... Several years ago, we gave each other the GIFT of not having to get each other gifts. We do each others stockings, which are always fun to stuff FULL. And then we promise to 'run away' together on a vacation in the next year!
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My Sisters! I always have several things I have to choose between for them. They will tell you that I usually try to give them their presents early, like way early IN THE YEAR... because I am so excited.
10. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Snail Mail... although I am getting awful at getting them out early in December... I've got to get better at this.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Honestly, I can't think of one...
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I love the old cartoon, actually they are more like animated cartoons... do you know the ones? And my favorite of those is the Little Drummer Boy.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I can't control myself much past October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift?
No, but I wouldn't fault anyone that did.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
During December I am drawn to warm soups and hot chocolate!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I prefer clear, but I always loved my moms' trees growing up and they were blinking colored lights... really no wrong choice there!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Little Drummer Boy, O Holy Night is a very close second.
18. Travel @ Christmas or stay home?
The sign on my mantel probably answers this one, laughter.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I just realized I totally CAN'T!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I've always had a star, usually a big rusty star, but this year I have a 'starfish' on my real tree.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Bahhhhummmbugggs. I think everyone should have to work Christmas time retail before being allowed to shop for Christmas. But in a way, when I see someone being 'ugly', it just gives me more incentive to be kind, especially to poor cashiers!!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I always lean towards neutrals, cremes, chocolates, greens. But anything goes on our family tree, the eclectic nature of that tree I find most appealing, I always prefer it over my 'prissy' tree.
23. Favorite thing for Christmas Dinner?
I invite my whole family over for Christmas Dinner, it is my little gift to all of them. I always love to have Ham or Roast and all the naughty sides!!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I want the new Large Willow Tree Nativity, and Raspberry Truffles that my sil's sister makes. The best Present I have already gotten is from my neighbors. They have been taking pictures all year of our kids together doing wonderful daily things: 4 wheeling, slip and slides, climbing trees, cuddling baby animals, etc, and put them all in an album for us!!! I cried!! Since it says '1st annual', I pray I get THIS present every year.
25. A favorite Christmas tradition.
Christmas Eve PJs, the kids picking their favorite 5 ornaments for the family tree, and this year we are starting a new tradition of decorating a little baby spruce by the old barn. It is so very tiny, but year after year it will grow big and fat and the kids will remember this tradition starting when it was just a twig.
Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

kmmclain said...

I enjoyed your post and I especially loved the pictures. I wish we were just having rain today. The snow has started and is expected to continue through tomorrow night! This could make driving interesting.

Cari said...

I love that sled in the 1st pic. If you ever get tired of it, I call dibs!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the sleigh, and the fireplace set up! Oh how I can't wait until my money can go towards Christmas decor! :)

I enjoyed reading your post!