Friday, December 5

We have a new baby...

Disclaimer:
I have and never will claim to be a photographer, especially when I am so excited that I don't even notice the hot pink letters plastered across my forehead that read, Clueless!
**********
So, Savannah went out to feed the barn animals this morning and she heard a different cry.
And look who that cry belonged to...

Meet our new bebe goat! We think she is a girl... again, we are new at this, but as Ty would say, 'it don't seem to have man parts'
She is standing well, has great lungs (aka a good screamer), and is about the size of a football.
Seems a tad small for my liking, but her mom is tiny too.
So far, mommy Emme is not showing great mothering skills... showing aggressive behavior, grrrr. We sure would like her to nurse at least for this first little bit.
May be going to plan B and bottle feeding her.
I am already rereading my goat book to get some pointers and our neighbors have had several goats so we are optimistic.


She is all black except for spotted ears, a dot of white on her left side, and an upside down horseshoe shape on her right side. We have a tentative name for her but we need to double check with 'namer' because I think she wanted a donkey named after her, not a goat.
So any name suggestion in case we need to save our tentative name for a baby donkey?


And for inquiring minds... what does a calm, collected, seasoned farmgirl wear out to the barn after receiving the wonderful birth news????
Pajamas, of course, allllllll the farmgirls are wearing their PJs in public nowadays.
And of course, the NO sock look is always logical on freezing mornings like today, and to round out the fashion forward ensemble... my son's crocs!
I'll keep you updated on our new bebe, and hopefully get some better photos for ya now that I've stopped giggling like a 2yr old!

7 comments:

Stefanie H said...

omgosh how SWEET!!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I can't believe you can raise goats! I am so impressed with you Farmgirls (and Farmboys!).

Cari said...

Okay, so seriously, that is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Karen said...

That looks like fun and a lot of work! I hope you and Ty had a better day today!

Sandy said...

Your daughter is so precious with that little goat!

Beth said...

what a cutie!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

SO SWEET! Good luck!