Wednesday, December 3

Ummm, well, errr, I'm sorry....

So, I owe a few thousand of you a HUGE apology.
Might I preface that I am a bookworm, in the worst way.
I have ventured out into many different reading materials, but in the end, I am terribly predictable and almost ALWAYS return to my beloved historical fiction.
My favorite book of all time being 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.
Two exceptions in all the years has been 'The Hiding Place' (non-fiction) and 'The Giver' (fiction/sci-fi).
But those are it... I am faithful, true, never wavering to my historical fiction... nothing else keeps my interest!
And then, I kept being bombarded by vampire lovers. I thought that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. No interest, in the least.
Then my sisters were 'bitten'. And my sils, where was the madness going to end?!
So the gals all got together to see THE movie, and I'm not a movie lover either. So hence my husband asked the logical question... "WHY in the world would you go, and pay (its always about the money isn't girls) to see a movie that I had no interest in?
BECAUSE, dearest hubby, I wanna be with the girls... and we are eating out afterwards!!
So we went, opening night, crazy mayhem... females everywhere, some wearing tshirts with 'dazzled' written all over it... I was clueless, preparing myself to count the minutes till the end of the movie.
And then it happened, yep, YOU knew it would.
I loved it, maybe even more than most because I hadn't read the books. I didn't look at my watch once, in fact when it ended... Victoria's menacing scowl... I thought...
WHAT!!!!! Its over?
So, knowing my littlest sister had all 4 books, I relented.
NOW, you know why I haven't posted since Turkey Day Eve.
I've almost finished with last book, should finish tonight, and....
I've thoroughly enjoyed them!
So do any of YOUR husband hate Edward as much as mine?
Luckily, Shawn is such a romantic that I just notice what I've already got, so he hasn't resented my time with the vampires near as much.
So maybe tomorrow, I shall resume the normal scheduled posting... maybe.

8 comments:

danakat said...

This. Is. Hys. Te. Ri. Cal. :)

Steve is so over vampires. But he indulges me...good man that he is.

I can't wait to chat with you when you finish! I always wonder who feels the same way I do about certain things. And sometimes I am NOT in the majority.

SO excited you have gone over to the Cullen side. Nice!

Stefanie H said...

Oh boy i love Edward :) And yes, my husband hates 'im as much as yours does probably haha

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Edward! Jacob just got in the way! ha ha! Tyson read all the books (i made him eon our way to my family reunion in July) and he wonders if Stephanie Meyer's hubby dislikes him! :)

Glad you enjoyed the books and movie!

Lisha said...

I love this post!!! And, I love the vampires. I'm glad you've come around to the dark side, too! :) I'm curious to talk to you and get your take of it all, boo-by-book.

Beth said...

I am a vampire lover too and I normally HATE this kind of book. Jarom saw the movie with me though and LOVED it...

Lacey Freeman said...

I am reading the last one...I had to stop in the middle of ot when school started...now that it is finishing up I have time to read..I can't put it down!!

LOVE THEM!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

My girls got me reading them also! I do like them although it takes me FOREVER to read a book because my reading time is 5 minutes before I fall asleep and no matter how good a book is I do fall asleep...maybe its the having the 8 kids that has done it...

I am on the 2nd book and Lacey, Carly and I haven't seen the movie and plan on seeing it together when we come to Alabama.

Debbie said...

I am normally not a big reader and didn't think I would be into a vampire love story either, but even with the books being as thick as they are, I read each one of them in a couple of days max. I'm glad you came to the movie with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed it! A friend of ours in the Sparkman ward just started a group against Edward on facebook. I thought that was hilarious and asked him if he was jealous. This was his response: "Jealous? Absolutely. I can't compete. He gets to do the good stuff like recite poetry and making women swoon, while I still have to take the garbage out in the rain and bust my knuckles fixing the wifes car. He's a fictional character that must be stopped for the good of all mankind." hahaha