Wednesday, October 28

FHE

For our Family Home Evening, we decided to make Mummy pizzas. Can I just take a moment to say how fun it is for me, when everyone makes their own creations for dinner... total bliss!

We made our Mummies using bagels, added our favorite toppings, and then mozzarella string cheese.



Then comes the real purpose for the whole evening... let the carving begin.



Ty's classic vampire jack 'o lantern

Savannah's meow

Shawn's skull

And Christian's creation... he always picks a toughy to carve, whew!

And me? What did I contribute to the process? Well, I kindly reminded everyone to keep the pumpkin guts neatly ON the newspaper cover. Then there is the ever important roasting of the pumpkin seeds, yum.

I had previously carved these two cuties. Not sure what has gotten in to me but I have been all about the faux pumpkins this year. No slimy guts... can't beat that.

These are a few of my favorite real pumpkins and gourds.



We finished off the night watching 'America's funniest videos'. I fear this show is becoming quite the addiction with our family. Seriously... we are a loud bunch while watching this show. My tummy usually hurts after the show, and I have found that several of my children actually snort when they laugh hysterically... new discovery :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

What a fun night!!! I think we'll have to make some mummy pizzas before the week is over. Adorable! And Christian's pumpkin?! Wow! (Actually all were super cute, his just looks HARD!!!)

danakat said...

Impressive jacks!! I don't have the patience...or probably the skill.
The pizzas look deliciously scary. :)

Kim Mayfield said...

Cute idea for pizzas. Kayti called my white chicken chili "mummy soup" the other night... she has decided to "Halloweenize" (her word!) all of our dinners this week.

Looks like we were thinking alike for FHE!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

What a great night! I love the mummy bagels! We were going to carve our pumpkins and roast seeds tomorrow night. Now I think we will have to make mummy pizzas! Thanks for the idea. You have a beautiful blog and family. It's my first visit, but I will be following! :0)
Blessings,
Traci

MrsMama said...

Those pizzas are a great idea! You do such a good job of making holidays fun for your family.

I love your collection of pumpkins and squash on the porch. Perfectly delightful!