Saturday, August 15

Weakest link?

Savannah and Christian woke up early this Saturday morning, did all their chores... and promptly went out to prime and paint our farm fence.

Shawn and Ty headed out early to help Uncle Chris disassemble an outdoor play set, haul it to his house, and reassemble the play set for Noah and Eden.

Me? Um, well, there is tons for me to do in this RARELY quiet, abandoned home of ours....

Embarrassing photo... mounds of dirty laundry still to wash from this week.
Note, Tuesday is my laundry day, seems I am a tad behind...

Clean clothes hanging on banister that need to be hung up before they fall to the floor and have to be rewashed and pressed...

A sink FULL of dirty dishes...

Payday was Thursday and I did not get the bills all paid and ready to mail...

The kiddos homeschooling materials arrived this week. They still are in the boxes, neatly shrink wrapped, and waiting to be organized...

And even the fun activity of researching plants for our 'hopeful' future landscaping project. Alisha, can you believe I have THE Monrovia plant book in my possession? I really should put a protective cover on it while I have it on loan, as to not leave drool marks...

And yet with everything I have on my to do list, I sit and read! All those other activities may break the beautiful silence in the house. I'm all about inviting silence... not chasing it away, grin! Truly I am helpless in this matter. Truly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh when I read that so happens to my home! :) That is why I rarely read...though nursing gives me an excuse to do so! :)

Lisha said...

A lady after my own heart... :)

Kim Mayfield said...

guilty of the same, as well! I should have been cleaning house while I was home from work yesterday, but instead, I laid in the bed and read while Megan slept.

MrsMama said...

Reading is my very favorite "escape". I would have done the same. :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Go girl go!!!