Tuesday, August 4

At least it rained...

I love rain, it relaxes me, it makes me happy!

And after the weekend I had, I find myself thankful that it rained almost the whole weekend so I could at least stay calm.

Shawn and Christian went to Utah the whole weekend for the Callahan father/son reunion. It was the first time Christian was invited with the BIG guys. They were both really excited to go.

I very much dislike when Shawn is away, and then to have the next standing 'man of the house' to leave with him... I NO LIKEY!!

Then Ty gets the chicken pox, random!

But in the end, we were just fine, the guys had a wonderful reunion, Ty is healing, and it rained... a lot... which helped me sleep well and not be so self absorbed in my missing my husband-itis.

But I sure didn't have time to just laze around, no sir!! I've got a deadline looming.

Seems, my little itty bitty desire to open a Bed & Breakfast... in actuality... is a big ole honkin' mess of paperwork, yuck.

I literally read 4 books on this topic... not that I'm counting :), but that is 975 pages of research.

Not to mention, the tons of internet reading....

I am exhausted!

Now that the research is read, notes made, etc...

The fun part of writing a Business Plan. Seems we had to have one of these to open our Dental Practice... ahhhummmm, I didn't lift a finger for that one... Shawn handled all that not fun stuff. So it is only fair that I have been left to wade through this headache myself, whimper.

Thankfully, I have found a few contacts that are precious and helpful, and I hope to meet this deadline by weeks end.

One thing is for sure... I was never good at research papers in school, and age has not improved that skill.

A 30-50 page Business Plan is suggested... do you think I will get any brownie points for a MUCH shorter plan?

After all,

I will be saving the readers a WHOLE lot of time ;] If nothing else, wouldn't a very itty bitty Business Plan be a sign of intense consideration, on my part, of the readers precious time?

3 comments:

Theresa Cyr said...

I've always loved the idea of having a bed & breakfast. Good luck with that! In my area, we have a beautiful house that's on the lake (no, it's not mine) that I've always felt would make a perfect B&B.

Cari said...

You continue to amaze me. I can't wait to see your vision come to life.

Debbie said...

I can't wait either! Good luck!