Saturday, August 8

Searching for Shade

It was just too hot here today to do much of anything. Shawn and I decided to grab a picnic and head to Green Mountain for a stroll in the woods.

It was beautiful and shaded.

Savannah is the fastest walker of us 5. She just sprints ahead of us... I'm sure that has to do with her regular workouts on the treadmill. She is an on the go gal!

There are beautiful buildings throughout the trail around the 17 acre pond. Love it all!


My favorite stop by FAR is this gorgeous old covered bridge.


My incredible oldest son is in a world of hurt. He has an awful case of poison ivy.

He did a project on our property this week. He is always good about showering immediately after working outside because he seems to have a real sensitivity to poison ivy. But this time he forgot, until it was too late. Every surface of his body is covered, his mood has been somber. Poor guy!




He is normally our rambunctious fella, so hard to see him hurting. But he seemed to especially enjoy the quiet time in the shade,

I love this guy!

5 comments:

Cari said...

I am so cringing for Christian. I too am crazy sensitive to poison ivy. Poor guy!

Kim Mayfield said...

Love Green Mountain. I want to take Kayti up there for some of her senior portraits. The covered bridge is my favorite, too!

Poor Christian! Hope he feels better soon!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am struck by how old and mature your children are. Other people's kids grow up so fast. Green Mountain is beautiful, and your pictures make me want to return.

mom2eight said...

How fast they are growing and what great kids they are turning out to be.
Shade is so refreshing and calming. I love walks in the woods. It is such a spiritual uplift. One can see why Joseph went to a grove to ponder and seek guidance.
Poor Christian. It is amazing how in one moment we wish our rowdy ones would just calm down and then when they do, we wish they were back being their usual selves. Such is life.

MrsMama said...

What a beautiful, beautiful place! And all of those old buildings and that bridge are a photographer's dream come true.

The poison ivy is more of a nightmare. Poor little guy!