Sunday, August 30

Me, My, Mine

I did something yesterday just for me.

I love blackberries, love 'em! Blackberry cobbler, blackberry ice cream, and blackberry jam!

The kids don't like blackberries too much because of the seeds.

Shawn likes them OK, so I guess I will not be completely self-absorbed and share some of my homemade blackberry jam... but only cause I have a huge crush on him.

I love to can. It is a new venture for me, but I am hooked!


Here is the beauties waiting for their hot water bath.

I ended up with 16 jars of Blackberry jam. That should last me a month or two, snicker!

I love the jewel tones of canned goods. I canned 24 pints of pickles 2 weeks ago. I chilled a few jars right away and tasted them... for quality control purposes... and they are so yummy!!

So as to not seem too selfish... I will also can some strawberry vanilla bean jam for the kids, at least until they get some decent tastebuds and fall madly in love with blackberries like ME!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

We've already eaten all of the pickles that we made! They were soo good! Now, our cucumber plants aren't producing anymore.. boo! Guess we'll have to wait until next year!

Strawberry vanilla bean jam?? I might have to try some of that. Sounds yummy!

MrsMama said...

Wow - what a treat! Congrats on your canning success. Think of all the summery sweetness that you will enjoy through the Winter (or at least through next month, if you have self-control like mine!) :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, some of the happiest pictures . . . I love looking at rows of canned yummies (especially if they are in my kitchen). :)

Beth said...

oH yum!!! Addie is sitting by my side and was exclaiming "YUMMY...OOOHHHH NUMMY!!!"