Wednesday, August 12

I love nice people!

We had to call a member of our church family early Sunday morning. He is a doctor, and we needed help. Keep in mind that Shawn is a dentist and after hour calls are plentiful and can really put a damper on pre-made plans, so we only call a doctor for absolute emergencies.

And an emergency is what we woke up with on Sunday.

Christian had gotten into some poison ivy. He always reacts badly to exposure but this time, it was becoming scary.

Our handsome son did not even look like himself when he awoke on Sunday.


The entire shape of his head and face were distorted. But what really worried me was that his nose,lips, and ears were swelling! I was afraid, unchecked, he could have breathing issues.

Hence the phone call to the doctor. He agreed with my panic and I was off to the pharmacy for prescription antihistamine and steroids.

Thankfully, within 48 hours, Christian was more comfortable, swelling was greatly reduced, and he was resting again. And my mommy alarm stopped blaring once he started to look like my son.

So blessed to have a wonderful Ward family, that includes a kind doctor that graciously helped us on a busy Sunday morning.

Do I dare hope for an uneventful upcoming weekend? One with no chicken pox, or missing animals, or poison ivy, or, or, or. I'm an optimist, so surely!

7 comments:

Lisha said...

That second picture makes my heart break, he must have been SO uncomfortable! Glad everything is looking better, though... here's to a great weekend for you.

Kim Mayfield said...

Bless his heart!!

Hope the rest of the week and weekend are very uneventful and boring for you! ;)

MrsMama said...

Poor little guy! I'm glad you were able to get the help he needed. Wishing you many UNeventful days tom come... :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Oh the joys of mommyhood! Poor Christian...glad that he is feeling better.

Debbie said...

Poor Christian! I know it was nice to get that taken care of and not have to go to the ER or anything! It's nice to have connections..haha

Karen said...

I sure hope he feels better and that your week is much less eventful. Oh what a week you have had!

Anonymous said...

Poison Ivy can be some rough stuff! I hope he feels better soon and that your week is less eventful in this sort of way!