Tuesday, June 16

Operation 'Goat Rescue'

We had a terrible storm blow in last night. There were continual lightning strikes and it sounded all around menacing. I realized as the rain really started to come down that we had left Jack, our goat, alone in the back pasture. Our back pasture is wonderful for grazing but it has no shelter! All the donkeys had been moved to the barn earlier in the day because the farrier was coming, and Amelia, our doe, was taken to the barn to be milked. But poor Jack was left. I just couldn't stand the thought of it.

Here come the heroes to the rescue. Shawn drove the truck to the back. Him and Christian heavehoed Jack into the back.... managed not to get the truck stuck LIKE SOMEONE ELSE WE KNOW... and safely took Jack back to the barn with the other animals.

I was not thrilled that Shawn and Christian were out in all that lightning, very worrisome! And they came back drenched. But I was so very thankful! And I have to mention that Christian is NOT an animal person. He loves the land... but the animals are not how he enjoys spending his time at all. So I really appreciated him going to the rescue, and I know he did it simply to ease my mind, which makes me love him a whole lot!!

3 comments:

Cari said...

What heros!

Lisha said...

this is carden Christian you have allways seemed like ab animal person to me,well good job boys!!!!

Lisha said...

Carden makes me laugh, I had no idea she got on here and commented. What handsome heros you have!