Thursday, June 11

I love small victories!

May I preface this by saying I am not a techy... seriously. I do not possess enough patience to sit down and do the least bit of research to improve that title. So I muddle through things and rarely accomplish much on the computer.

But today, I am very proud of a goal reached. I received my completed blog BOOK. To do the book was a challenge to say the least. But actually I found it really creative and I was so thrilled to see the end product. I'm sure there are errors throughout it, photos that are blurry, but I love this end product... imperfections and ALL!!

Here is the cover. This is a very low quality photo... but it is one of the first snapshots I took of our beloved barn and this photo perfectly represents what I love about our property.

Front and back covers... I added a quote by President Monson that I love. On the spine of the book I wrote the title 'Once Upon a Farm 2008' and the author... thats me!

Cover page... perfection!

I have some artwork from Ty included and I sure hoped the drawings would translate well... and they did.

Photographs are gorgeous!

I just love everything about it. This is fulfilling such a wonderful dual purpose for me and our family... journaling our daily lives and scrapbooking photos. I just could not be more pleased. I am busting with happiness. Busting!!! And again, for any of those that want to attempt this, KNOW that you will be successful because I am queen clueless, and muddled through it. I did mine through Blurb.com!!

Now my face hurts because I have been smiling since I received this book yesterday in the mail.

7 comments:

kg said...

I'm so happy to see this! Looks beautiful....I have been dragging my feet to get some done and where to find the time!? I love the cover!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

OH, my, this look so good. You definitely should be proud! A serious accomplishment. I might think about attempting one once I've blogged for a year.

Cari said...

I want to sit down and actually read it sometime, not just look at the pics, although just the pics are so great. I can't help but especially love the posts that included Noah. He looks like such a baby!

Jen said...

Those books definitely make blogging worth it! I treasure mine as I know you will yours.

Debbie said...

It turned out great, Dawn! I really want to do this. I think I would have a lot of fun putting it together. Computer stuff is right up my alley, and I am much better at being creative with that than I am with an actual scrapbook.

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT! I love the cover pic...who cares about low res when it's so pretty!

I need to finish mine. It's sad I only have a few minor things to do to it and then I am DONE! I am inspired!

Brandie Lyon said...

That looks like it turned out great.