Monday, June 8

Heart in the Right Place

I can find the funniest things in my farming catalogs/magazines. I can't seem to read enough and learn enough about our new farm life. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a section in one of my new magazines with Book Reviews! I thought... 'a book review by someone that lives a life very similar to mine may be a good bet'. This time it was a wonderful BOOK, Heart in the Right Place, a memoir by Carolyn Jourdan.

The summary given of this book was just too intriguing for me to pass up. Carolyn was a US Senate Lawyer who had to return home after her mother suffered a heart attack... and she chronicles the events that followed.

Wonderful tale of family, priorities, truly good people, and the roles we all choose! My favorite 2 pages of the book were 296 and 297... the last two pages of the book! Don't you just love when a book comes full circle and goes out with a BANG, or in this case a quiet, peaceful reflection!

I hope I can now look at people differently, not be so quick to pass off a certain character trait as simply a 'quirk', but look deeper.... and hopefully others would do the same for all my many imperfections... aka flaws AND strengths, grin!

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I'm adding this to my list right now. A book recommendation from a friend is a gold nugget.

Lisha said...

I agree with Quincy!