Friday, June 19

Country gal at heart

This is my beautiful niece, Ava. She spent her time on the farm collecting rocks, taste testing rocks, picking flowers, climbing, chasing kitties and puppies, and refusing to hold still long enough to let her aunt take a good picture of her.

Ava hates to wear shoes. Which worries her Aunt Dawn because we have lots of critters, ants, sharp thingeys, etc. But Ava is a strong willed and strong footed gal... when I take my eyes off her for a second... barefoot!

Speaking of shoes,

Someone please tell me at WHAT age do children simply do what you ask... and not leave a job 1/2 done? Please, oh please, don't say never...

While packing up my nieces and nephew to return them to their mommy... I asked assistance from my 14yr old daughter to load the truck. I try to keep all the bags and stroller and shoes neatly behind the door so they are easier to grab and go. So Savannah loaded the truck and told me it was done. Great! Load carseats, load kiddos, off we go...

Upon returning home, this is what I saw. Pack stroller... CHECK! Pack bags... CHECK! Pack pile of shoes (and random night shirt)... I assume Savannah felt this NOT necessary. Her response when confronted with her obvious oversite, 'Oooops' accompanied with a cute grin.

So I guess this means my dear hubby will get to take me out on a hot date tonight to M'ville so we can return some shoes... not that my little niece will actually wear the adorable hot pink crocs pictured above... but I should return them, nonetheless.

2 comments:

MaioCampo said...


Someone please tell me at WHAT age do children simply do what you ask... and not leave a job 1/2 done? Please, oh please, don't say never...


When they become parents. Then they get their children to do the other 1/2 of the job. Heh, heh.

Sandy said...

LOL!! I'm still not sure, the jury is still out on that one! haa