Tuesday, June 23

1+1+1= ouch

Its simple arithmetic, really!

What do you get when you have one cute, fearless, speed craving 7 year old...

Add to that, one red 4 wheeler...

And then add a great big hole that is bigger than red 4 wheeler...

What does that equal?

BIG Juicy bruises,

and as a little extra bonus... a red 4 wheeler that has seen better days.

The story as told by Ty:

"I was going real fast down the tree line (our property line between us and our neighbors). I didn't see a thing until it was too late. I remember flipping completely over in the air and landing flat on my back. Not sure how long I laid there because I just remember looking up and trying to get my helmet off.

I didn't even cry (this fact was relayed several times during the retelling). But wow did my legs and man parts area hurt! I can't figure out how I hurt that stuff cause I just flew right off the 4 wheeler... like really flew... did I tell you I flipped completely over? I wish I could have seen myself."

This is where I had to interject with... 'SEE why I insist on you wearing a helmet... aren't you GLAD I make you always wear a helmet!!!!!' And then I told him that often the most vicious injuries from 4wheeler/dirt bike/motorcycle accidents are in the 'man part' and thigh area because you slam into the handlebars and shield. Ty just looked at me and said... in a very bored to death tone... "are you gonna yell at me about this?"

Nope, I think those bruises (of which I only photographed ONE, for modesty issues) will teach you quite a lesson in the next few days. They are turning a myriad of different colors and JUICY, ugh!

8 comments:

MaioCampo said...


those bruises (of which I only photographed ONE, for modesty issues)


Oi! Dude is probably walking funny, eh?

Get better Tyger!

MrsMama said...

OUCH! Poor little guy. Glad he came away from such a spectacular crash with just bruises.

Ice, ice, ice then heat. And lots of TLC :)

Cari said...

Holy! That looks seriously painful. Just like a boy to wish he could have seen himself flying through the air.

Lisha said...

His retelling makes me laugh, and I even laughed hrder when he asked if you were going to yell at him. It's nice not to be the mom so I could laugh...

Hope things heal up speedily.

Jenni said...

Yikes! So glad Ty is okay - albeit sore! That storytelling is so funny! Feel better soon Ty!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

K.I.D.S!

Debbie said...

Ouch! Glad he's okay. Makes me nervous! I'm going to be such a paranoid mom.. haha

Theresa Cyr said...

I can't get over your descriptive word for those bruises, juicy. Ewww gross!!! ;o)