Monday, November 17

Worth the Wait...

I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for my absolute contentment.
I always wanted to have a bazillion children.
Although my mom will laugh when she reads this...
I totally loved growing up in the wonderful chaos that was and still is the Mayfield family.
And yet, the bazillions of children I envisioned just did not come, but instead...3
of the most beautiful, hard fought for, sweethearts I could have ever dreamed for!!
Savannah was our first, long waited for, baby.
Next, very quickly thereafter, our wonderful surprise, Christian.
And then a very long, hard, heartbreaking 6 years later, our precious Ty!
***
In a normal homeschooling day, I spend the bulk of my time with Ty.
He is in the 1st grade and is brilliant therefore it pushes me to be creative
and inventive to keep him eager to learn.
Ty's spelling words up to this point have not challenged him. This week, however, he has some doozies. Now he's grumpy because they're so hard. So keeping a level head and staying forever calm... because I NEVER loose my sweet tone or loving looks... grrrr... I simply reminded him that he's not happy when they are easy and he isn't happy when they are tougher, so happy or not... here we go with this weeks spelling words.
Shall I say... Ty was less than thrilled with my lack of compassion.
So after pouting and holding a grudge,
he looked at me and said, "Good thing I love you!"
WHAT?!?!
Isn't that what mommies say about little boys?!? NOT what little boys are supposed to say about their mommies!?!
But in the end, that little anti spelling list turkey was and STILL is worth all those years of waiting!

6 comments:

danakat said...

I love it!
It does seem that no matter what they pull, they are always most definitely worth it. I know I'm glad my folks feel the same. :)

Beth said...

Haha, how cute!

Lacey Freeman said...

I love that post. He is just so darn CUTE!! Good luck to Ty with those words!

danakat said...

Check out my blog today...and receive your award. Just 'cause your fabulous! :)

Lisha said...

Love how the tables turned... hahaha!

Debbie said...

haha.. how funny!