Monday, November 24

Name that tune...

I can't sing a lick!!

But I love music and more specifically, I love the lyrics to songs. Since I can't read a note, lyrics truly read as poetry to me.


And so today, it began, my 24/7 playing of Christmas music.
Savannah is convinced I am the only person alive that 'rocks out' to Christmas music...
is she right?!? I just can't get enough of it, and I love it to be LOUD...
maybe the truth of the matter is that I don't want to hear myself sing,
so to truly enjoy the experience, I MUST crank it loud.
And so this brings me to my all time favorite Christmas song....
This song has always been able to create a visual image for me, even when I was little.

And my favorite part of my favorite song....

Little Baby,

I am a poor boy too,

I have no gift to bring

That's fit to give our King.

Shall I play for you!

On my drum.

Pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum

Can you name that tune???

And in my opinion, NOONE sings this song better than Josh Groban on his CD Noel, song 2, if you haven't heard it... please, please, go listen to it... you can thank me later as you wipe the tears from your eyes!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

The Little Drummer Boy!
Now I have one for you, this is my fav...

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious mourn!
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
....Name that tune.

Jen said...

LOVE that whole cd! (and lots of other Cmas ones, too)

And Savannah, your mother is DEFINITELY not the only one who likes to rock out to Cmas music. :)

Kim Mayfield said...

Kayti has been listening to Christmas music on her iPod for weeks now! When we got married, Barry thought he "laid down the law" by saying no Christmas music until Dec. 1... boy was he wrong! I usually start listening to it about this time of year as well.

One of the radio stations played Christmas music all day on July 25 this year. Kayti was beside herself!

Stefanie H said...

Aww the first person who commented.. O HOLY NIGHT.. MY personal fav too :)

Cari said...

I love that cd too! Little Drummer Boy is Noah's fave on that cd. He dances like mad when that song comes on. Steph, O HOly Night is my fave too!

aunt mimi said...

I literally can't listen to that song without at least tearing up. It is amazing. I have to add that I do love me some 'O Holy Night' as well.

Debbie said...

I LOVE me some Josh Groban!