Monday, August 4

Am I tough enough?!?

Today?... NO!!! Our precious little ducklings are gone. They held their own against our cats, they ran for cover from BIG birds... but Bella, our beagle pup, snapped her cord last night and got them. I've cried and cried today, so have the kids. I found myself looking at Bella today mad at her, she is my heart, but I am pouting and I may need several more days to get it out of my system. I was already in love with those ducks, I just don't know if I'm tough enough for acres full of animals, but I promised Savannah this experience would not 'do me in'... just yet.

5 comments:

danakat said...

Oh no!!!
I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!

MaioCampo said...

War Beagle!

Lisha said...

Barry cracks me up...

Sorry for the loss!

mom2eight said...

some of life's hardest lessons come from those we love the most (Bella)
I loved Barry's comments. Sometimes humor helps alot.
Family and friends are such help and support.
Glad you have both.