Tuesday, April 7

Opening Day

Saturday was Baseball Opening Day. Such a fun time, we love baseball!! Ty was about to bust with excitement, and the fact that his dad is his coach this year... makes it even better.

Opening Day means lots of fun activities. They had lots of play equipment for the kids, and tons of naughty, yummy food for the adults.
Christian has 'aged out' for this league, so he stepped in as one of Shawn's assistant Coaches and also keeps the team stats/books. I feel the need to share a secret with you... I have a HUGE crush on Ty's coach. Cute, cute, cute. One of his smallest/youngest players got a great hit during the game and Shawn went bonkers so happy for him. The cubs didn't win their season opener but the boys got snacks AND baseball cards so all was well.

And where was my daughter... she has been bitten by a vampire. After seeing the Twilight movie last week, she has had her nose stuck in the series ever since. She found a shady tree and yelled a whoohoo every once in a while for little bro, but we all know that it wasn't Ty on her mind... it was dear Edward, snicker!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Ahhh. The joys of baseball. And I am sure your daughther was and is thinking about Edward. Fun for her.

Beth said...

Youth baseball is so much fun. I love everything about it. I hope if we ever have a little boy that he'll play!

Kim Mayfield said...

What a fun day! I'm glad he got to play. Our kiddos are into their third week of soccer, but we are yet to have practice or games because of wet fields. Hopefully soon they will be out running and playing!

I'm glad Savannah is enjoying the books. Megan is on her second time reading them, and I've lost count how many times Kayti has read them!

Lisha said...

Sounds like a blast! And, Savannah got the best of TWO worlds! :)

Sarah said...

I know right where Savannah is. Yes, I have FINALLY started to read the books and yes I have fallen for Edward as well. I am on the third book and LOVING IT. James just smiles and walks on buy.

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

I LOVE that picture of Savannah! She's a kindred spirit...