Tuesday, April 28

Ms Taylor is a big sister

This is my gorgeous niece Taylor. She became a big sister today! I get to have her ALL to myself for the next few days and I am thrilled beyond explanation.

When Taylor is on the farm... well, lets just say she leaves no stone unturned, no dandelion unblown, no kitty unpetted, and no puppy unscolded. She owns her world and I love watching her conquer it!!

I must admit that I become quite possessive and vain when I am around Ms. Taylor. Mine, mine, mine... I adore this gal. And when we are out and about and I get compliments on my daughter... um, well... I say 'thank you'!!! Like I had anything to do with her beauty!! The man at Lowes this morning said that she was so very striking... again, there I was with the 'thank you', not the 'she's just borrowed' or 'this is my niece'... nope, I just say thank you... should I seek professional help?

When it is time to give Taylor back to her REAL parents, I don't cry, or cause a scene... so I'm gonna take that as a sign that I am within my rights as an aunt. Denial is a beautiful thing.

Here is Ms. Itty Bit Bella Grace. She was born this morning at 7:05am, 6lbs. 10oz., 19.5". Perfection! Looks just like her big sister did as a newby.

Taylor got her little sister a balloon and lamb at the gift shop. But truth be told, once we entered the hospital room, Taylor was none too impressed with Bella and proceeded to scout out the room. While we were there, she pushed the nurse button twice, sent her mom on a little roller coaster ride in her hospital bed, called dad on the phone, ate granmom's biscuit, and toured the hospital for treats. Again... she came, she saw, she conquered... that's Taylor!!

Hopefully the other aunts will get better photos of Bella, my camera didn't handle the bright window light too well, so this is only a teaser. Bella is our 18th niece/nephew, such a blessing!!

6 comments:

danakat said...

Congratulations to Taylor and the rest of your hugemongo family!
Bella is a beauty. Wonder if they really will look like twinners? I love it when that happens.

Beth said...

Cutie! I can't wait for more pictures!

Kim Mayfield said...

So glad that you posted a picture! I've been blog-watching all day waiting to see if someone would post a picture. She is such a cutie... can't wait to see her myself!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are a fun aunt; congratulations to the whole clan!

Mike and Carrie said...

Dawn you DO have a way with words. Your post are so fun to read.

Congratulations! to all.

PerfectMomentProject said...

Ms Taylor is sooo adorable. isn't it amazing how you just FALL IN LOVE with nieces and nephews?
Let me share this story...
Life of Riley