Thursday, April 30

My achin' wrist

Work is slowly moving forward on the chicken coop. I'm now rolling my eyes AT MYSELF, yep. Making this 'cute' coop is even pushing MY limits. I promise today, never to judge sweet hubby again, when he sighs REAL loud and shakes his head as I sketch out another project on a scrap piece of paper. I deserve such reaction. I do. Fact.

Yesterday I stained the shakes, painted the interior walls/ceiling, and painted the floor.


This is the color of the walls and ceiling. Why yellow? You ask? Well, I'll give you 3 possibilities and see if you can find the answer... can you tell I have been homeschooling for almost a whole school year and now I can't help but put everything in a multiple choice format, its a known side effect of being a teacher, documented fact.

Choice 1: When chickens see the color yellow it causes them to lay more eggs.
Choice 2: Yellow helps fight chicken depression. Improves their psyche. Nothing worse than a
depressed chicken... all the mopping and sulking... everyone and everything must be
happy and mentally sound on this here farm!!
Choice 3: I went to Lowes and this was the only gallon of exterior paint on the 'mismixed' table
and it cost $5!

So which is it?? I know this is real important stuff but don't waste too much of your day contemplating my coop interior design. Truly... make a guess and then get on with your day... step away from the computer... you can do it.

8 comments:

Lisha said...

My guess is choice #3! At least, that would be the case if it were me painting the coop.

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are funny, Dawn!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I second Alisha...haha.

(ps-this is Lacey!)

Cari said...

I guess #3, although, I wouldn't put it past you to consider a color if it improved their egg laying or mood.

Anonymous said...

My guess is #3, but the yellow making them lay more eggs sounds like it COULD be true, but too uncertain to put it as truth! :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I choose #4 which is all of the above! Teehee...

Sandy said...

LOL!!! my guess is 3 as well. Hee hee, too funny. Wouldn't that be funny it all that was true!

Debbie said...

haha.. I'm gonna say #3 too... although if you are working as hard to make this coop cute as you say you are, I wouldn't be surprised if you put more thought into it than just buying the cheap stuff.. haha