Sunday, March 29

I am NOT over protective... well maybe a tad

I keep hearing conflicting reports on the low temps for tonight. We lost 2 chicks last night in the cold and I think tonight is going to be even colder. So I've got our two dogs and cat in the garage for the night, AND tons of baby chicks (in cages) in my kitchen. Have I mentioned how LOUD chicks are?! Luckily I have my little sound machine playing 'ocean waves' and I can barely hear them. I don't think I am going to make it to the 10 o'clock news, I am so exhausted, but SURELY this cold snap will end and quit robbing me of chickens!

5 comments:

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Wishing you and the chicks good luck!! Glad it is you and not me! HAHA...It snowed 5 inches here in Tulsa this weekend!

Beth said...

Poor little chicks. And poor you, chicks in the kitchen! I'd do the same thing. I'm ready for some sun and warm weather!

Lisha said...

You make me laugh!

Karen said...

You are so good to your animals. I do not think I could have chicks in my kitchen! I too hope this weather gets better. It is too cold!

Brandie Lyon said...

I never pictured you as a farm girl! It cracks me up to read some of your post about the animals. About the ADD, what do you recommend? We are just now starting the process. Is that why you are homeschooling, because that's what I'm considering for next year.