Monday, March 9

I love my guy!!

Several years ago, Shawn and I stayed at a B&B in SanDiego. It was incredible. The hostess was adorable with the most precious little family. It was a stay to remember always.
Each morning she served us a huge spread of fresh fruits, baked goods, and... triple cream brie.
I was so giddy each morning!

Now that we have late church, guess what my guy brings me in bed each Sunday morning?
He even goes to the store each weekend to purchase these items for us.
I just wake up each Sunday, sit up in bed, and enjoy.


Changing the subject a tad... this is where our future coop (aka, Chick Inn) will be located. It is off to the side of the house on the other side of our driveway.


The kids and I made the foundation frame and leveled it. Which was NO small task since I picked a very sloped location, not so smart.
But after a few adjustments, it is level, and we layered the bottom with gravel.
Do you remember in my prior post that Shawn was forbidden to help with the chicken coop/fence?! He begged and begged to let him help with the cement. I stood firm! I have researched this for many a day on DIY sites and I felt confident.
But he promised, and promised again... to be a helper and not take over the project.
It was hard, but I trusted him in his attempt to be the muscles of the project and switch off his ever racing mind!
I am here to report that it IS possible for Shawn to stop thinking so hard and just help me crank out a project. Whew!
I was really bummed because the kids were not around after the cement was poured and I had hoped we could get all their handprints.
So I pouted a tad, but then moved on to our other million projects we had planned for our gorgeous weekend.
I decided to take a peek at the cement pad one last time before calling it 'a day', and this is what I found carved into the cement.
YEP, he's a keeper.


Now, I will attempt to build this coop, never having built any structure before in my life. I am optimistic. Afterall, I have hours and hours of HGTV viewing under by belt... I can do this.
And when it is done, and the first big wind doesn't topple it to the ground, THEN I will celebrate!
More photos in coop building saga forthcoming, don't let the anticipation kill ya, grin!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweety-pie you have!! You're one lucky gal!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think he's a keeper! Good luck with the coup! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Karen said...

Now that is sweet.

Beth said...

Wow! You are spoiled! Breakfast in bed? I get that twice a year... birthday and mothers day. :)

danakat said...

I loved the breakfast, but then when I saw the cement...AWWWWWWWW!

And you did good with your pad. Can't wait to see the finished structure. And I'm sure with you on the job it's a given to be fabulous...and cute.

Jenni said...

Yes, I think that would qualify him a keeper - breakfast in bed and love notes in cement - what a lucky gal you are! Now on another note, we want to enlarge our patio a bit - are the two of you "for rent" ;-)

Debbie said...

Shawn is quite the romantic, isn't he? Jared and I are loving late church, and we usually take turns letting each other sleep in and cooking breakfast for each other-- but breakfast in bed EVERY Sunday-- you are SPOILED! ;-)

Sandy said...

Aaaww!