Thursday, March 12

discumbobulated

NOT to be confused with 'twitterpateted'!!

I'm in a terrible mess. I guess I am battling a terrible case of insomnia. Not very familiar with this because I am an excellent sleeper, normally. To cuddle in bed at the end of a long day is my favorite time. I surrender to sleep normally... it is a welcome thing.

But for the past week and a half, not so. I either fall right to sleep only to wake up at 2:33am wide awake, or I lay in bed... hour after hour not being able to GO to sleep.

My mind isn't racing. I do not have any big worries weighing me down. I would count myself as very stressfree overall. UGH!!

So today, I rise from bed a zombie... again. I don't even have enough energy to be a royal grouch, I just keep pushing through my days numb. Any mommies with new babies out there feeling my state of exhaustion... grin. THIS too will pass, I hope real soon!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I can relate. But mine is caused by stress. I hope you can get to sleep soon! It really stinks!!

Anonymous said...

Hope it passes soon! Maybe it is just a phase your body is going through! :) If you are still up in the morning that early, in abt. 4 weeks, give me a call. I am sure I will be up with the baby! :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Sounds like my problem...I contribute mine to age :( don't know if that is what is causing yours.

Try melatonin...works for me most of the time.

Dahnelle said...

Try Valerian root. It's really mild and worked for my huge, huge bout with insomnia.

Jenni said...

Totally can relate - I have been waking at 2:30ish for months on end now and then again about 4ish. You would think I would be totally exhausted after chasing around the 5yo and 17mo kids I babysit all day and helping their mom keep up with her household and then comint home and taking care of my own family but noooo. I think mine is stress but lately even my sleep meds aren't working and I hate to increase the dosage. Anyway, sure you really don't care about any of that - hope you sleep better tonight and have some wonderfully sweet dreams.