Saturday, October 15

Oh, to be a pumpkin farmer...

So... in addition to wanting to be an Innkeeper, and owning my own Antique Market Shop, and wanting to have weddings, receptions, fishing derbies, etc here on the farm....
did you know I want to be a pumpkin farmer too?  I have always wanted to grow pumpkins.
Now my dreams are not so grand that I want to compete with the fantastic Pumpkins Farms with their hayrides, corn bins, and mazes.  Nope.  Just a little pumpkin patch that people could come and find some little 'kins in all shapes and sizes.  A little Pumpkin Market, that I could then have fun building displays like these (images found on Pinterest)...
of course... I MUST have an old truck.  Hoping Shawn will gift me one some day, snicker.
But for now... I trek down to the Farmer's Market and gather my pumpkins and gourds.  They have really been providing a great selection the past few years and I tend to love the non-traditional colors, but I always add classic oranges too...

Not sure why, but I rarely decorate much inside for Fall.  I have tiny hints here and there.
But where I go a tad overboard is on the front porch.  I really should have someone supervise me, I cannot be trusted to know when to stop.
Here is how our front porch looks from early Spring til Fall...
And here it is now that I have dumped my loot from the Farmer's Market...
Love it!



4 comments:

Marci said...

we really are kindred spirits...
i have a strange *love* for punkins...they make my heart skip a beat....weird.
and one of my greatest desires in life is an old truck to tool around in! i picture a little fallow field farm sign on the door...sigh, someday.;D

Lisha said...

I don't think I've seen that many great stems in one place before!

Sharon said...

Love all the varieties and those stems are gorgeous!

My Many Moments said...

Your porch is my dream! I love how lush and green it looks in the Spring/Summer picture. And the way you displayed the pumpkins around plants is so great!