Thursday, February 12

it HUFFED, and it PUFFED...

And the 70mph winds BLEW the huge cedar tree DOWN!!

Have I mentioned today how much I love this property?
I love the 'sound' of this land, the birds, the rustling leaves... but I must say... yesterday during 70 mph winds and rain, I did NOT like the sounds I heard outside.
But we were so VERY blessed!

Look how close this cedar came to crushing our well-loved silo!



Looks like Christian has a hefty job ahead of him with his ax, giggle!
I laugh because Christian LOVES, truly, a good project.
This should keep him busy for a while!

It came so very close to the silo... whew!!

I have this beautiful antique tennis bench, it didn't fair so well.
It will be some time before I can see what the real damage is, but again...
my sweet little silo is safe and sound, this time!

6 comments:

danakat said...

Whoa...that was WAY TOO close!
Whew.

Glad your old tree has such good aim. But sorry it didn't like your bench so much. Who knew they had issues...?

Beth said...

whew, that was close!

kg said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad it left the building standing though!!

Lisha said...

I'm glad Christian loves a project... ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the silo is still intact! Too bad about the poor bench!

Debbie said...

Glad it didn't fall on the silo! A huge tree fell in my backyard in Tuscaloosa during Hurrican Katrina, and although it took out part of our fence, I was so grateful that it didn't fall on the house!!