Tuesday, November 3

dayBREak

I promised forthcoming pictures of Savannah's new mare, Bre. We are having a barn built to the back of our pasture and adding farm fencing. Until that is done, our neighbors have allowed Savannah to board her horse in their pasture, so thankful!

Here's the posse that is boarded next door. On the left is the only fella in the herd, Buddy. The black and white paint is Bre. On the right is the ever beautiful Cherokee. And striking a relaxing pose... so nonchalant... is Chelly, the donkey.

Ummmm, seems Buddy is not the least bit camera shy.


Although I know absolutely nothing about horses, I must declare that I think Bre is gawgeous...

and a tad camera shy to boot.

NOTE: Savannah scared the bujeebers out of last week. Bre has not been ridden in over a year (she just had a little filly 6 months ago) and is a tad 'rusty'. Savannah has a friend working with Bre and things have been going fairly well. Savannah, fearless cowgirl, decided to give Bre a go on her own. Let's just say, Savannah had a rough ride AND landing and is nursing a very sore shoulder blade. AND, Savannah was not wearing her riding helmet! I fully own that I was extremely mad at her... maybe, just maybe... screamed and scolded for an unnecessarily long amount of time, but I don't think Savannah will dare do that again. I am not naive in thinking she will never fall off a horse... but I find it reckless to not protect herself as much as possible. So the first big fall is done, I'm sure there are many more to come... but my daughter better have her helmet on from now on...and I'm secretly hoping this incident put at least a little fear in my fearless daughter, hope, hope, hope!

4 comments:

danakat said...

Oh gosh! That IS scary! Crazy kid riding without a helmet! I would have scolded for a long time too.

Bre IS gawgeous! :)

And that donkey's pose makes me laugh out loud. :)

MrsMama said...

I'm glad your post is called dayBREak and not dayBREAK! So thankful that your daughter escaped serious injury from her fall.

She is a lovely (ornery) momma.

Sharon said...

I am glad that she still wants to ride the horse and I am hoping with you that she will now think of that helmet. :)

That is a pretty looking horse and love the name!

Beth said...

Oh gosh! Without a helmet?! I would have hollared and carried on FOREVER! :) Beautiful horse!