Friday, November 6

A Barn Raising

The day has finally arrived. We've wanted a barn in our back pasture and its now being built.
It will be a little barn with two stalls and a tack room, just perfect for what we need.

The first post went in and Savannah and I were down right giddy!


All the posts were in and they started to 'skin' the barn, woo-hoo.


The treatment on the outside of the barn will be Board and Batten, just like on the house porches, love it!


This is Savannah with our favorite 'Farm Guy'


His name is Jeff McDonald (appropriate last name for a farm guy, huh?). Jeff can do it all, seriously. He builds our farm fences, repairs our old barn, clears trees, etc. We really appreciate him and his crew. He was extra generous to let me snap his photo... generous but NONE too thrilled. Guess farm guys aren't keen on smiling for the camera, snicker!



4 comments:

MrsMama said...

The barn looks great! Congrats.

I need a Farm Guy. Let me know if Jeff ever relocates to Kansas. ;)

Beth said...

Yay! Congrats!

Carly A said...

how cool. I can't wait to visit your house! One day, right?

Donna. W said...

Well, I see you're country. But I can't find any "about me" section that tells me what part of the country you live in. Bummer.