Wednesday, November 4

SnuggleSpot & SlingShot

Savannah is a reader, takes after her mom. She has wanted a chair in her room so she could go cuddle up with a book but not have to use her bed.

I found this oversized chair, it is a complete circle and so very comfy. It arrived today and it fit perfectly in her room. The body of the chair is classic linen and then we are going to recover all the pillow in some yummy fabrics.

I took the shipping material off the chair and asked Christian to dispose of it.
When I came back downstairs I heard hysterical laughter on the back porch. I looked out to see the boys with my camera taking photos of their newest adventure.

This HUGE band was wrapped around the bottom ruffle on Savannah's chair. Not surprised in the least that Christian saw this and quickly found a way to put it to good use.

A massive slingshot!

The perfect slingshot projectile? A rubber dinosaur, of course.

The guys got some serious distance with this thing!

Only one backfire! Christian laughed, Ty did NOT... but in the end, Ty didn't stay down for long. Afterall, there was a very close competition going on, a distance competition... very serious stuff these brotherly matchups.


In the end, Christian was victorious. He got both distance AND height when he cleared the chicken coop. I personally thought the dino was the actual victor because it landed on its feet! Bravo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS! Love the ingenuity! That chair is awesome and I can't wait to see what fabrics y'all choose! :)

Beth said...

Oh I l.o.v.e. that chair. I want one now. And I love to see kids "making" toys and playing outside!

danakat said...

Chair...fabulous! Name of snugglespot...perfection.
Slingshot...GENIUS!

MrsMama said...

Wow - what a great chair! And the light from that window is incredible - just perfect for taking lots of snuggly photos.

And your boys are very clever. I love their impromptu contest. At least they were launching Dino and not eggs or the cat! :)

Lisha said...

I need a chair like that, I love that the boys grabbed the camera!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Packaging, cardboard boxes, rubber bands, who says children need toys? This is a fun post.

The Happy Haynie Family said...

WOW!!! That is way too much fun!

I L!O!V!E! Savannah's reading chair!

Cari said...

That chair! Oh my! I think I need to come visit Savannah and lounge for a while.