Thursday, June 17

Boys say the darndest things...

So,  out here on the farm, can I just say that there is somewhat a different mode of 'play'.  Play involves bows & arrows, bonfires, pellet guns, 4 wheelers, snakes, paintballs, etc.  Cuts, bruises, and the occasional sprained ankle are commonplace.
But as I was leaving the farm one day last week, I glanced over at Christian hanging with his friends at the barn... and I see blood!
This blood is coming out of his hand... through what appears to be an entire roll of paper towels rolled around that hand... on top of that is also layer upon layer of duct tape... and yet, I am still seeing blood.

Dear mothers out there in blogland... please reassure me that this would be reason for concern... because my son was quite irritated with me when I stopped the truck to investigate!!!  This is how the following conversation transpired...

Me:  "What in the world have you done to your hand?!??!!"

Christian:  "MooOoOoM....(insert multiple syllables here in a one syllable word, and the look of irritation as he tries to calm my fears and rising need to freak out in which Christian views as completely unnecessary especially in front of the other 'fellas')   It is only a flesh wound!!!"

To his defense it did not need stitches but it was a doozy of a cut... not a mere 'flesh wound' son!  A slight understatement I would say, boys!!

Last week Ty spend everyday at baseball camp.  It was an extra hot and muggy week and after 5 hours of camp each day ,he would climb in the truck a flushed, red, sweaty mess.  And this is how our conversation went after the first day...

Me:  "So.... how was it?"

Ty:  "Torture... and so much FUN!"
The next day he climbs in the truck after camp with the hugest smile...

Ty:  "thank you, Thank you, Thank YOU mom for letting me come to camp.....
and I really mean thank you,
I'm not just saying that to be nice like I usually do!"

and there you have it...  out of the mouth of boys, snicker! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I love when they are tough for the guys. :) I am glad to hear that Ty had a sincere thank you and was honest about it being so sincere. :) That just cracks me up!

Debbie said...

I would freak out about the blood, too!! It's one thing seeing it at the hospital and another seeing it coming from your child!!!