Wednesday, July 8

'1st Annual' is code for...

Trial run!!!

We had our 1st Annual Family 4th of July party here at the Farm on Saturday.

Shall I say... lessons were learned. Several hours before family started to arrive, Ty ran into my room and asked, "when does the 4th of July fiasco start?" I think he meant fiesta or possibly festivities, nonetheless, I laughed!

But Ty might have been inspired because we had some funny little twists to the evening that could legally be termed fiasco, grin.

#1 - me, the hostess, forgot to take any pictures to document the event, grrrrrr.

#2 - one of the 4wheelers and the dirt bike got busted chains and pooped out on us.

#3 - mosquitos were very hungry.

#4 - this is the biggey, our grill decided it did not want to heat up past 200... burgers, kabobs, and hotdogs like much toastier environments to cook in :)

But through it all we laughed and adjusted. Might I add that my hubby was a totally wonderful sport the whole night!

Thank goodness for a wonderful family that is flexible, used to funny chaos, and to whom good company is the ultimate goal. Therefore, I grin and make the final declaration...

1st Annual Mayfield 4th of July Fiasco was a success!!!

We can only go up from here, tee-hee!

7 comments:

The Happy Haynie Family said...

It's these kind of festivities aka fiascos that bring the fondest memories...

Lisha said...

I love Ty's word, that's the best. It was a great time, fiasco or not. I think we all barely noticed, hope it wasn't too much stress on you!

Kim Mayfield said...

We enjoyed ourselves greatly, and think the night was a wonderful success! Thanks for hosting all of us!

mom2eight said...

what is the saying?, life is what happens when you're making other plans. We had a great slice of life.
It was a great time. the food was great, the company was terrific, the kids were a joy.
the grill thing got Dad to actually use his charcoal grill after being in the box for 2 years.
thanks for planning a great time.

Cari said...

I had no idea the grill was on the fritz. You guys played it cool.

We had such a great time. Thank you and Shawn for putting up with the stress of hosting all of us.

MrsMama said...

It sounds delightful! Hey, if you need someone to come take pics for you next year, I know someone who works for dessert. ;)

Debbie said...

Thanks for having us! We had a great time! and also, I might suggest us NOT sitting directly under the fireworks next year... haha I've seen a few fireworks gone bad, and since we actually did have one firework thing that barely made it out of the tube, it could have been bad. I'd hate to see one of the kiddos lose an eye or something ;-)