Wednesday, September 23

09-10 School Year

Last week was our first full week back to homeschooling. It went smoothly, no grumbling yet... typical of the first week giddiness, yep ;)

Savannah and Christian do their school work mostly on the computer and in our future classroom. Our classroom has no furniture yet, whimper... all in due time.

Savannah set herself up an efficient work space; with table, book/supplies storage, cardboard box trashcan, and a padded chair. Bravo.

Christian's workspace? Well, ummmm, very Christian! He sprawls out in the floor with blankets and pillows. Seems when we finally get this room furnished a rug would be very appreciated by our oldest son.

Ty and I do school at the kitchen table. We can be giggly and disruptive... or so the formally filed complaints from Savannah and Christian state!

Ty's favorite class is science and art.

Last week Ty was studying the Solar System. When we finished on Tuesday, I asked him to draw some pictures for Art of space and the planets, etc. He quickly asked if they had to be serious drawings?! Nope, no need to be to scale, just be creative.

So here we have the classics... Sun, Milky Way, stars, planets....

I just KNEW a blackhole was going to be somewhere in this project....

Seems this is where reality completely leaves the project. It appears that aliens have conquered Mars.

Ummmm, bad news... now they are envading Earth. Just trying to give all earthlings the heads up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice art work! :) Love the aliens invading earth!

How do you stay on top of home schooling? I am not sure that I could do it! Looks like you do well and have fun! :)

Lisha said...

Oh, I so want to do this... now just to convince Nate! :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

That Ty has such a cute personality!

MrsMama said...

Love this! He is very creative.

I hope the rest of the year goes as smoothly for you.

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I LOVE these pictures! So creative!

Andria said...

I stumbled across your blog earlier this week. :-)

If you don't mind my asking, what curriculums are you using? I've always pieced ours together (for example, we are using Saxon for Math, Holt for Science, etc).

Andria said...

We've been homeschooling now for the last three and a half years. We love it too.

Btw, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I think our boys know each other. My mother's name is Janet Bernabei- our families go way back. :-)

I don't typcially broadcast my blog as it is mostly for extended family (most not computer literate beyond the basics), but I wanted to say hi and see what you guys were using on the homeschool front.

I'm not familiar with morningstar, it might be something to look into if we decide to homeschool again next year. Thanks!